Inactive [ADMN] BanHammer v2.0.2 Bans, kicks and records [1.3.1-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by grandwazir, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Offline

grandwazir

[​IMG]

BanHammer is a plugin that allows adminstrators and other trusted users to ban and kick players. The basic idea is to have a lightweight banning solution that includes all the features you help manage your server. Additionally the plugin stores all bans using the Bukkit persistance system, using permissions for all commands and is simple to configure.

Features
    • Simple and easy to configure.
    • Supports permenant as well as temporary bans.
    • Custom configurable limits to prevent moderators banning for too long.
    • Ban offline and online players.
    • Player name matching when kicking or banning players (no need to type every letter)
    • Can broadcast notifications to other players.
    • Review previous bans of a player, even after they have expired.
    • Review recent bans to see what has been happening while you have been away.
    • Banned names are cached for quick logins.
    • Reload the banned name cache on command (useful if you alter the database outside the plugin)
    • Uses Bukkit persistence for data storage; you choose what is best for you.
    • Supports built in Bukkit permissions, operators have all commands by default.
    • Command help system, simply type /bh.
    Requirements
    • Bukkit Persistence needs to be configured in bukkit.yml
    • If using MySQL for Persistence, you need a MySQL database
    Installation

Ensure you are using the latest recommended build.

Before installing, you need to make sure you are running at least the latest recommended build for Bukkit. Support is only given for problems when using a recommended build. This does not mean that the plugin will not work on other versions of Bukkit, the likelihood is it will, but it is not supported.

Getting BanHammer

The best way to install BanHammer is to use the symbolic link to the latest version. This link always points to the latest version of BanHammer, so is safe to use in scripts or update plugins. Additionally you can to use the RSS feed provided by BukkitDev as this also includes a version changelog.

Alternatively older versions are available as well, however they are not supported. If you are forced to use an older version for whatever reason, please let me know why by opening a issue on GitHub.

Configuration
    1. Configure permissions if necessary.
    2. Optionally configure your ban limits (config.yml) and assign them to moderators.
    All documentation for BanHammer is available on the GitHub wiki, including example usage.

Reporting issues

If you encounter any problems using BanHammer, and you believe it is due to a bug in BanHammer, report the issue on the issue tracker. Please do not report issues in this thread as I will not see them as quickly as if you place them on the tracker.

klarnet, PatrickFreed and fromgate like this.
  2. Offline

The Wizard

Yes, but also some of us want to be able to change the tabe name. I have something like this:
    mc_xauth_
    mc_datalog_
    mc_etc
    and I would like to have mc_banlist.

3. Offline

kahlilnc

IP bans?

4. Offline

Terry Tibbs

You obviously didn't ban me. I've been around long before you created this masterpiece of a plugin.

5. Offline

The Wizard

Very good plugin indeed, but to be a masterpice it must have a web interface.

6. Offline

grandwazir

With the bans all being in MySQL you can easily write one yourself. I have done a simple ban listing page for my server in about 15 lines of PHP code. Entering bans would be just as easy.

I am aiming to get an new version released by Sunday.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  7. Offline

Schlumpf

Hello,
    I like your Plugin but I have 1 Problem:
    When I ban someone in the database is the time in the table:
    created_at like that: 1310762987628
    When I use the php function date('d.m.Y ', $get->created_at)
    I get this date: 15.04.1995
    The Second Ban 2 mins later has the date: 16.04.1995 Whats wrong there?!
    Sry for bad English -.-

8. Offline

The Wizard

You have to divide created_at(and/or expires_at) by 1000.

9. Offline

grandwazir

The time format stored in the database is in milliseconds and date expects a unix timestamp. To get one do as the wizard said and just divide by 1000.

If you wanted to create a ban using php you would need to turn a timestamp into a date and then multiply it by 1000.

10. Offline

Schlumpf

Hi,
    ok thanks for the fast answer!
    I will test it soon :)

Edit: Thanks, it work, great plugin :D

11. Offline

grandwazir

This bug is now fixed in the latest version available from the main post in the thread. Upgrading is recommended as it features many speed improvements and fixes a couple of bugs. Weighted permissions will have to wait until next time as there was not enough time to do it in this release.

Also it is now possible to translate BanHammer. If anyone is interested in translating it into their language please let me know.

12. Offline

MasterMeNL

I'm getting an error when trying to kick someone, tempban and ban seems to work fine.
    I attached 2 pictures with bukkit version and plugins and will post error code here.
    Code:
    2011-07-18 12:25:40 [WARNING] Unexpected exception while parsing console command
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'kick' in plugin BanHammer v1.2.1
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:290)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:480)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:465)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key kickedMessage
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(Unknown Source)
        at name.richardson.james.banhammer.commands.BanHammerCommandManager.kickPlayer(BanHammerCommandManager.java:115)
        at name.richardson.james.banhammer.commands.BanHammerCommandManager.onCommand(BanHammerCommandManager.java:44)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 6 more
    BukkitPlugins.png BukkitVersion.png

13. Offline

grandwazir

It just means I forgot to put in a translation for kicked message. I'll fix it tonight.

Is fixed in the latest version.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  14. Offline

MasterMeNL

Also, I can confirm this works fine with Bukkit #1000 (at least v1.2.1 did, except the kicking ofcourse).

15. Offline

grandwazir

Kicking should work fine in 1.2.2 now. In other news I will be updating all my plugins to support inbuilt permissions this weekend.

16. Offline

Chromana

Can't wait for Permissions support, my mods desperately need this!

17. Offline

grandwazir

It supports Permissions but not bukkit permissions at the moment. It is simple to do - I've just done it for my other plugin DimensionDoor. Once that is done I can work on this.

18. Offline

Chromana

Aww sweet! I saw the list of commands but failed to see the permission nodes too. Thanks!

19. Offline

MasterMeNL

Could you please add IP-bans?
    For now I use the banned_ips.txt (or something like that).

Greetings,
    MasterMe.

20. Offline

Arton

How do i do so it shows player they get kick bye a player and if they got kick or tempban or ban it's only show diconnectet by server and reason

21. Offline

grandwazir

I'll look into it but it is not a priority as it is not something I really need for my server.

Currently it is not possible to customise the kick messages to include the name of the admin who did the action.

22. Offline

Arton

damit :D

23. Offline

TheMadMan697

Just installed this plugin. Liking it so far but is it not supposed to create a text file with a log of who banned who and for what reason? I’m using MySQL and the plugins/banhammer folder is empty. No files at all.

Also is it possible to change the message that a player gets when they are banned. E.g. i want to say. You are permanently banned. You can appeal your ban on the forum.

24. Offline

grandwazir

All bans are logged to the MySQL database so no it does not create a text file of who is banned for what. You can search the database for that information instead. Currently there is not meant to be any files in that folder.

Adding customised messages is on my list of things to do for the next version.

25. Offline

TheMadMan697

o ok thanks for explaining that. looking forward to the custom messages thing. however i have another question. you say you can check ban history in the commends list ?

But when you pardon a player all traces of them being banned is removed from the database and there are no records kept of them being banned? is this correct or am i missing somthing. i was under the impression that it kept a history of who has been banned even if the were unbanned until you purge the database.

if it doesnt then it would be a nice feature to add so that even if the player is unbanned there is a log of it kept. either in the database or it to have it export a file to the plugin folder. I would use this to check up on a player if they wanted to be unbanned.

26. Offline

Monopol

I would appreciate that, too. :)

27. Offline

datwerd

just to clarify the idea is
    admins banhammer.weight.heavy
    moderators banhammer.weight.medium

if moderators have banhammer.moderation
    they cant ban admins only lower groups
    correct?

28. Offline

grandwazir

Heavier weights beat lighter weights. In the case of a tie nobody wins, so yes you have the right idea.

29. Offline

datwerd

very nice ill use this on my server

30. Offline

xMopx

This isn't working for me - whatever command I type just returns the usage info (as if I had entered no args). I'm on bukkit 1000.

31. Offline

MasterMeNL

I get this error every time I kick someone (kicking works fine, it just decides to poop on me or something).
    Code:
    2011-08-01 19:12:59 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_QUIT to PermissionsBukkit
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attachment cannot be null
        at org.bukkit.permissions.PermissibleBase.removeAttachment(PermissibleBase.java:134)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.removeAttachment(ContribCraftPlayer.java:140)
        at com.platymuus.bukkit.permissions.PermissionsPlugin.unregisterPlayer(PermissionsPlugin.java:137)
        at com.platymuus.bukkit.permissions.PlayerListener.onPlayerQuit(PlayerListener.java:24)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$2.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:251)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.disconnect(ServerConfigurationManager.java:146)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.disconnect(NetServerHandler.java:117)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.kickPlayer(CraftPlayer.java:135)
        at name.richardson.james.banhammer.commands.BanHammerCommandManager.kickPlayer(BanHammerCommandManager.java:319)
        at name.richardson.james.banhammer.commands.BanHammerCommandManager.onCommand(BanHammerCommandManager.java:105)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:320)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:713)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Running CB1000 with BH v1.3.1

Greetings,
    MasterMe.