Admin Panel for Multiple Servers

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by funkystudios, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

funkystudios

Hello, I run six Minecraft servers and have found administering them to be very difficult. They all run on one computer and I use the Linux command '/screen sh run.sh' for each.

I am looking for a good website panel that is able to access the console, player list, and server activity on each server. If there is a free or paid option for this, I would love to know! I am planning on adding many more in the coming months and with each /screen, administering the server gets more and more difficult. (See attached picture)

Attached Files:

2. Offline

MikeA

Use SpaceBukkit. It isn't a "wrapper" so it doesn't modify your server files, and your can have multiple servers running from a single panel.

3. Offline

Clinton

Spacebukkit or multicraft would work.

4. Offline

LaxWasHere

Go spacebukkit. Don't use multicrap

5. Offline

TnT

You really should back that up with facts, or at least a story about your experience, instead of degrading one project without anything to back it up. Otherwise, we consider that trolling.

6. Offline

LaxWasHere

Well from my expirience its extremely slow. Tried using it on 2 different web/servers but still slow. Its also hard to configure, and a bit limited and the console is just terrible. I got used to putty instead.

7. Offline

Clinton

Multicraft isn't my favorite control panel by far, but it definitely isn't slow, nor is it complicated to setup. Both of those things sound like an issue on your end.

8. Offline

lol768

I don't particularly like MultiCraft either. It felt clunky, and I often got the idea that it was trying to hide settings away. It's permissions system and reinvention of plugins (with the custom commands) never made much sense either. SSH + screen works better for me, but probably not for those who are not experienced with linux/shell etc

9. Offline

greatman

How is hard to install a panel with a setup that does everything for you? (Well almost, you still need to do a simple apt-get install apache2 mysql php5)

10. Offline

Lolmewn

I *think* the OP has his answer, Spacebukkit for the win :)

11. Offline

funkystudios

Alright, I'll take a look at both, SpaceBukkit and MultiCraft. SpaceBukkit looks way more appealing.

Thanks for the help everyone!

12. Offline

HyrulesLegend

My host allows me to edit player slots, and everything else that I need. Even custom .jars, so I love Multicraft.

13. Offline

user_43347

[​IMG]
    The fact their security (and therefor their users) has been put in jeopardy so many times should speak for itself. Countless servers have been taken offline by people exploiting authorization and general security glitches.

14. Offline

Clinton

So there were some rumors that didn't turn out to be true and instead was an issue with misconfiguration? I'd say they're perfectly fine. Besides quickly alerting users of a potential security exploit and then attempting to patch/repair it is great. You act like all software is perfect and never gets exploited. Perhaps you should look around at some of the giants and see how many times they've had to patch exploits.

chaseoes likes this.
  15. Offline

chaseoes

[​IMG]

:)

16. Offline

funkystudios

Ok, I ended up sticking with screen for two reasons...

1.) Discovered the -S argument in screen. This allows me to name my 6+ sessions making it easier to find the server I want.
    2.) SpaceBukkit and MultiCraft are both a little excessive for me. They both are bulky and have many features that I really have no use for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.