[Admin/Misc]AntiMob - Stop mobs from spawning in regions!

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by jeffadkins51, Jun 11, 2011.

?

Should i continue to develop this plugin and actually release it?

Poll closed Jun 18, 2011.
  1. Yes.

66.7%
  2. No. This was a bad idea.

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jeffadkins51

AntiMob - Stop mob's from spawning in defined regions!
    Version: 0.0.0 - Not released.
    Current Status: Under development
    Features:
    • Prevents mobs from spawning in defined regions
    • Ability to set a region.
    TODO:
    • Ability to add multiple regions and save them as different names
    • Ability to add another region inside of a region that allows mobs to spawn
    • Full permissions support
    • Config file allowing certain mobs to spawn and vise versa.
    Changelog:
    • Configuration file - Ability to change whether mobs can enter a defined region that prevents mobs from spawning in the region.
    Please vote on the poll for whether or not i should release/continue to develop this plugin - Its only my second plugin, be easy on me D:

2. Offline

dak393

Don't see the use of this with Worldguard. :/

3. Offline

jeffadkins51

I did not know worldguard could protect from mobs. But this is also ALOT less complicated, and is very easy to use with only the sole purpose to prevent certain mobs from spawning even ENTERING the defined region using the built in tool.

4. Offline

dak393

Well just be sure to differentiate it. What do you do when a mob enters an area? Are they killed or can they physically not enter?

5. Offline

jeffadkins51

Well after thinking it over, i was actually going to add that to the config. Making it so they would be instantly killed when entering, or the choice of just making them move back once trying to enter the region.

6. Offline

dak393

I don't think any of the other region plugins (towny, worldgaurd, ect..) move mobs back when entering that would be a nice feature most just remove all mobs in the area (configurable on what mobs are removed) just make it unique and light weight and that should make for a great alternative :)

7. Offline

jeffadkins51

Yeah and honestly, i dont like worldedit to much. There is just to many commands, and it floods the help. This would be lightweight with as few commands as possible but being as most efficient as possible. I'd hope for this to make a better alternative. But sadly this is not my only plugin project atm. As i have decided to switch over to zMod as i feel it is more flexible and customizable then bukkit currently for one sole purpose of sdk's gun mods xD, I'm trying to learn the new methods of that, so i can implement not only this to zMod but another plugin i had an idea on it.

8. Offline

dak393

just to let you know there are multiple plugins that are bridging the gap between bukkit and mods (pogic, bukkitcontrib, and others) Bukkit seems to be the easy choice but good luck with whatever you choose :)

9. Offline

iMattxC

Add an option to use regions as a mob whitelist mode. That way mobs are globally disabled and the regions ALLOW them to be spawned. I would love that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.