Inactive [ADMIN/GENERAL/MISC.]SignLink - Access to a webbrowser with just a sign [1.2.5-R3.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DocRedstone, May 27, 2012.

1. Offline

DocRedstone

[​IMG]
    Have you ever wanted your server users to have an easier way to access links to your forum? Youtube channel? Server Website? Well with this plugin you can. SignLink will allow you to access all the urls you want with just the click of a sign. The signs are completely indestructible and can only be placed by people with the correct permission nodes! This truly could bring your server to the next level.

Features:
    • Link users to websites by just having them click on a sign
    • Link uses to a website by having them click a sign and a link appearing in chat!
    • Permission nodes to only allow the most trusted members to access the plugin(only available for bukkit permissions and bPermissions)
    • commands for adding links to signs.
    • commands for removing links from signs.
    • Completely hidden URLs so they don't clog up your sign.
    • A config file that is completely customizable.
    • Indestructible signs that can only be broken by people with the correct permissions.
    Commands:
    • /setlink <url> - Make sure you are looking at the face of the sign before typing this command. Then simple type the url you want the sign to redirect the user to.
    • /removelinksign - again make sure you are looking at the face of the sign before typing this command. Then type it to remove the sign and the link associated with it.
    Permission Nodes:
    • signlink.setlink - Gives the user access to the /setlink <url> command.
    • signlink.removesign - Gives the user access to the /removelinksign command
    Change Log:
      • Officially released the plugin.
      • Modified the way links work. Players now click a sign and have the links appear in chat. They then can click on the link in chat to get directed to the website!
    Video Explaination:

bjoen and jf46784 like this.
  2. Offline

chaseoes

Dude. That's awesome.

3. Offline

aurel2108

Oh that's a great idea ! :)

4. Offline

Lolmewn

That is pretty awesome actually. I'm wondering how you did this :O

5. Offline

DocRedstone

I'm actually curious to see how the function works on a "Official" Server Host. This was tested on a "Normal" computer and accessed via Hamaci.

Thanks!

Thank you :D

6. Offline

Bertware

without a client mod? nice :)

7. Offline

Lolmewn

Looking at the code, this WONT work on non-local servers. Sorry bro..

Also, something I noted, you are instantly casting (Player) to the sender object.
    NEVER do that. If the console sends the command you'll have a biiiiig error.
    Also, a good thing to do is to re-use things. Player permission = (Player)sender is the exact same thing is Player play = (Player)sender. No need to have 2 player objects.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
    DocRedstone likes this.
  8. Offline

chaseoes

That sucks.

9. Offline

DocRedstone

Thanks mate. I've noticed that this indeed will not work...I was testing it on my computer where I had the host setup. So it appeared to work. As for the messy code that's just how I roll ;) Nah I know it's a bad practice...

10. Offline

DocRedstone

Released v2.0!
    Change Log:
      • Officially released the plugin.
      • Modified the way links work. Players now click a sign and have the links appear in chat. They then can click on the link in chat to get directed to the website!

11. Offline

bubbleguj

Doesn't work for me :/
    I made it exactely like the man in the video but if I punch the sign, the URL just appear in the Chat :((

12. Offline

DocRedstone

Please read over the change log.

13. Offline

gabe04

The console spams this error

2012-06-19 17:23:10 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerInteractEvent to SignLink
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:304)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:460)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:177)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:147)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:605)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.handle(SourceFile:39)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:113)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:567)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:459)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at me.docredstone.signlink.Main.onSignUse(Main.java:107)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor360.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302)
    ... 12 more

14. Offline

md_5

Approved.

DocRedstone likes this.
  15. Offline

DocRedstone

Can you tell me what you are doing?

16. Offline

mobstarlife

Same by me
    please fix it

17. Offline

DocRedstone

How did this error occur.,

18. Offline

mobstarlife

Don't know what i have don but i don't get error any more

next problem if click whit right mouse button on the sign notting happend
    only comes the link in the chat but my browser never opend

EDIT: This error appears if the server you're running a time
    and you have not clicked on by me

19. Offline

DocRedstone

Please read the change log....

20. Offline

mobstarlife

Okay it don't solved my problem

21. Offline

gabe04

A little after the plugin is started up it continuously spams the error in the console. There's nothing that triggers it, it just happens.

22. Offline

DocRedstone

Then you didn't read it well... Modified the way links work. Players now click a sign and have the links appear in chat. They then can click on the link in chat to get directed to the website!

What other plugins are you using?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  23. Offline

mobstarlife

The console spams this error

2012-06-19 17:23:10 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerInteractEvent to SignLink
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:304)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:460)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:177)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:147)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:605)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.handle(SourceFile:39)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:113)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:567)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:459)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at me.docredstone.signlink.Main.onSignUse(Main.java:107)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor360.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302)
    ... 12 more
    Okay it don't solved my problem

24. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

I fucking love you! Epic plugin, I've been waiting for one like this that takes advantage of the new browser launching system within Minecraft

DocRedstone likes this.
  25. Offline

ravand

Is it possible to provide a version with the immediat redirect after hitting the sign? I am aware of the risk potential but you could share an unofficial version maybe ;)?

26. Offline

DocRedstone

Thank you! I appreciate it!

I wish but the current version of bukkit doesn't provide an API for links. The version I had earlier opened a link because it was hosted on my computer and would open the link via the host. I have no way of redirecting the link to a client without a client mod.

27. Offline

ravand

damit i already expected that :/ because i couldnt find it in the API either

28. Offline

DocRedstone

Maybe in the next awesome version of bukkit.

29. Can you make this plugin for non-local machines ("Official servers") please? That would be very nice and you will get more downloads :p.

Hope to see it soon.

30. Offline

SlightSarcasm

same for me FUCKING annoying although this plugin is awesome :/