Inactive [ADMIN/CHAT] MuteZone - Have zones on your server where players can't chat [1.3 R 0.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by dillyg10, May 14, 2012.

1. Offline

dillyg10

MuteZone - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

What is it?:
    Have you ever come on one day, and seen 50 players crowding around the spawn, spamming and screaming your name. Ever wanted areas, where you don't want players to give away info (secret parts of a map, puzzels ect etc). Or, bots sit at your spawn, and spam the server to death. This plugin solves all of these issues! MuteZones allows you to create zones in your world (multiworld supported), where players can't talk. All configuration is ingame, very simple and easy to use :).

How do I use it?:
    Just download the plugin, and put it in your plugins folder. Ingame, all you have to do is follow the commands below, so that you can create MuteZones! The MuteZones work like this:

-> You add a MuteZone, it will set the "midblock" to your current location, and it will set the blockradius to the number you specificy
    -> The midblock is the middle of the zone, so the block radius is how much away from the midblock (x and z cords) a player will be before they can speak again.
    -> When a player walks into the zone, they cannot speak, and they are alerted.
    -> When a player leaves the zone, they are allowed to speak, and are alerted that they can speak.

Features:
    * Easy to use.
    * Blocks Chat in certain "zones"
    * Alerts players when they join/leave a MuteZone
    * All configuration done ingame.

Commands:
    Permissions:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017
  2. Offline

chaseoes

FYI, WorldGuard can do this. :)

stoneminer02 likes this.
  3. Offline

dillyg10

Well would you look at that :D. Well, obviously this a little bit more f a lighter plugin, it works within WorldGaurd zones, and instead of creating a million little worldgard zones, you can create a few of these :).

McLuke500 likes this.
  4. Offline

Yellow636

Nice one!
    A must use!

5. Offline

dillyg10

Thanks!

6. Offline

dillyg10

R3.0 ready!

7. Offline

dillyg10

Updated for 1.3

8. Offline

Luloak2

Nice work, even if I will not use it because of Worldguard;)

9. Offline

mattdholloway

Nice! :D Will definitely use.

10. Offline

Splaze

Worldguard got a flag for that. /rg flag <regioname> chat deny.

11. Offline

stoneminer02

Ye!
    Do this after make a region /region flag <region> chat-send deny
    Hope you see this ;)

12. Offline

arofaz

what about a /mz wand ?

13. Offline

stoneminer02

arofaz Not think tht going to be added but I want he to add worldedit support!
    So it is more useful with worldedit's //wand and use the worldedit item!
    (normal item: woodenaxe)

14. Offline

arofaz

@upp

That can be too :#

15. Offline

stoneminer02

[quote uid=90577957 name="dillyg10" post=1120593]MuteZone - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

What is it?:
    Have you ever come on one day, and seen 50 players crowding around the spawn, spamming and screaming your name. Ever wanted areas, where you don't want players to give away info (secret parts of a map, puzzels ect etc). Or, bots sit at your spawn, and spam the server to death. This plugin solves all of these issues! MuteZones allows you to create zones in your world (multiworld supported), where players can't talk. All configuration is ingame, very simple and easy to use :).

How do I use it?:
    Just download the plugin, and put it in your plugins folder. Ingame, all you have to do is follow the commands below, so that you can create MuteZones! The MuteZones work like this:

-> You add a MuteZone, it will set the "midblock" to your current location, and it will set the blockradius to the number you specificy
    -> The midblock is the middle of the zone, so the block radius is how much away from the midblock (x and z cords) a player will be before they can speak again.
    -> When a player walks into the zone, they cannot speak, and they are alerted.
    -> When a player leaves the zone, they are allowed to speak, and are alerted that they can speak.

Features:
    * Easy to use.
    * Blocks Chat in certain "zones"
    * Alerts players when they join/leave a MuteZone
    * All configuration done ingame.

Commands:

Permissions:[/quote]

dillyg10
    I not use this cuz I have WorldGuard!
    Worldguard has
    * /region flag <region> chat-send deny

So all!
    Not download this!
    We has worldguard so can more!
    Worldguard can also make a big region with other in and all they be non chat zones!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017
  16. Offline

Laserhog

Are you seriously telling people NOT to download this just because there is another plugin with similar features?

dillyg10 likes this.
  17. Offline

dillyg10

Wow, I actually did work sorta hard on this plugin.. Don't have to be mean about it.

18. Offline

stoneminer02

Laserhog
    We can make bigger regions with worldguard!
    And make it no-one can see chat too!
    And much more with it that mutezone
    dillyg10
    I know but make a worldedit feature and many more servers owners will get it!
    And you be popular!

dillyg10 and Laserhog and all others!
    Sorry for bad english!
    I'm not from england or america!
    I'm from norway!