Adding to the /help command

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by SoThatsIt, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SoThatsIt

I know this is probably really simple but i just couldn't find the answer anywhere.

How would i go about adding /help referrals to my plugin

basicly, i want it to when you type /help referrals it shows you a list of commands that can be used in the plugin.

2. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

It should do that automatically as long as the plugin name in the plugin.yml file is 'referrals'

3. Offline

SoThatsIt

oh, ok then didnt realise :D

4. Offline

Lauryman

Code:
    name: Plugin
    main: me/com/org/etc.your_IGN.Plugin_name.main_class
    author: ign_here
    version: 0.1
    description: >
      My very own custom plugin!
    commands:
      command1:
        description:
          a simple command.
    A basic plugin.yml. if you type /help plugin_name, it will show you /command1: a simple command.

Also, if you have already solved this problem, edit your thread and change the prefix to Solved.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  5. Offline

jflory7

I hate to bump an old thread, but I have a question about this topic. Do all players have default access to "/help [plugin name]"?

If not, is there a way to pull this list of commands up by creating a command inside of the plugin?

For example, I was trying to create a "/[MyPlugin] help" command in my plugin so it could be tied to a permission node with my plugin; however, I don't want to do this by using the sendMessage method for all of the commands. Is there an easy way to refer to the list inside of the plugin.yml?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.