Action.RIGHT_CLICK_AIR not working in 1.7.2

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Zach_1919, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zach_1919

I am developing a plugin where a player needs to right click in order to make something happen. I would like them to be able to right click wherever they please, whether it be on a block or in the air. My if statement looks like this:
    Code:java
    1. if(event.getAction().equals(Action.RIGHT_CLICK_AIR) || event.getAction().equals(Action.RIGHT_CLICK_BLOCK))

It is strange because I have used this in numerous plugins in the past. Right now, it only works to right click the block. If I right click air, it doesn't do anything. Help?

2. Offline

NathanWolf

That might be a bug- you could probably work around it for now by also checking for the CLICK_BLOCK events, and seeing the if block is an air block.

I assume this works because my plugin still has functional right-clicks, but I think I also check for blocks (and allow right-click on any non-interactive block)

3. Offline

theEvilReaper

@EventHandler
    public void RightClick(PlayerInteractEvent e){
    Player p = e.getPlayer();
    if (e.getAction() == Action.RIGHT_CLICK_AIR || (e.getAction() == Action.LEFT_CLICK_BLOCK)) {

so works it on my server in my plugin

4. Offline

Zach_1919

5. Offline

Twisted_Panda

6. Offline

AoH_Ruthless

Actually, it's not. Notice he uses ==, while you use .equals(). Try switching them.

7. Offline

Zach_1919

Twisted_Panda Yep I registered it.

AoH_Ruthless Yeah sorry I have actually tried both and both come to the same result:

I have found that with nothing in your hand, right clicking a block works, and right clicking air doesn't. With something in your hand, though, both work.

8. Offline

Twisted_Panda

Full code please.

9. Offline

AoH_Ruthless

Zach_1919
    Never mind, I was being dumb. Either operand works; can we see your whole event?

10. Offline

Twisted_Panda

Zach_1919
    try this
    Code:
    Action a = e.getAction();
    if (a == Action.RIGHT_CLICK_BLOCK || a == Action.RIGHT_CLICK_AIR) {

11. Offline

AoH_Ruthless

Twisted_Panda
    I already mentioned that. He said it made no difference.
    Also I tested it, but == and .equals() function the same (at least for what I was doing)

12. Offline

bob7

I get the same thing. It seems the player needs something in his hands in order to fire the Right_click_Air event.

13. Offline

Windy Day

Yeah, I think the client doesn't send anything to the server if they right click air without something in their hands.

14. Offline

Twisted_Panda

Wait you're trying air?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.