Plugin Request Account Bound Items

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by WhimsicalStranger, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was wondering if it would be possible/would anyone be willing to make; a Plugin that account/soul binds items?

-Item cannot be dropped
    -Item cannot be sold in a marketplace
    -Possibly not able to place item in chest either? -If that's possible, then add it as another option. So I can have regular account bound items unable to drop/be sold, and then the inventory locked items that the player cannot get rid of. (Sounds terrible, but would be useful for something really important, like say a Questbook).
    -If someone IS up to the task, I have no real due date. Uhm, maybe 2 months? *shrugs*

I looked for something like this, and I found a few abandoned projects, and the only one that's active (from my searches) is heavily PvP based, so you don't drop the item you soulbinded, and you have it again when you respawn.
    But I'm looking for more of an admin tool here, allowing me to create certain items that can't be sold/dropped/leave a players inventory.

Anyways, let me know-also I'm new here, so hello, and I hope I didn't do anything wrong :)
    Thanks for reading!

2. Offline

DoggyCode™

This is of course possible, and not too hard either. But for the marketplace, the plugin would have to work with your "market" plugin, which can be difficult .

3. Offline

Scimiguy

@WhimsicalStranger
    How would you plan to bind them? Commands? would you pay for it?
    ??

4. My marketplace will be with a custom mod-is it still possible?

I would bind them myself, not the player.
    And no, players wouldn't be paying for these items (that'd be cruel, selling an item that can't be sold in game.)

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Then that plugin would need to be able to talk to this request

6. Offline

Scimiguy

7. Sure, if you want to add them to your own plugin that's up to you, though I would be needing a 1.7.10 plugin personally.

-I'd be using Vault and a marketplace in a custom mod, for the use on my server specifically I'd need it to be compatible with both, and I'm just realizing now that I should probably have the custom mods marketplace functional before I ask for a plugin like this... my bad. I'll return to this thread when it's ready.

8. Offline

Scimiguy

Are you running a modded server or something?

9. Yes lol

10. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@WhimsicalStranger Having a mod work together with a plugin isn't easy, probably requires somebody that is able to code both parts.

11. Offline

Scimiguy

Yeah..
    I'm gonna add the functionality to my plugin anyway, but it's gonna be 1.8, and it won't support your mods..

You sure there isn't a mod that does what you want?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.