AbandonedCities

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by skeletonofchaos, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

skeletonofchaos

I am currently working on a plugin that generates abandoned cities for minecraft players to explore. I was wondering how many people would actually use/appreciate this plugin. Please post if you would be interested or have any suggested features.

2. Offline

Specops343

I really like this idea, actually. I'm starting a world that will be all about exploration, and this would add greatly to it.

3. Offline

Haias

Isn't this gonna come out in 1.8? :p

But I think it would be really cool if you could make nice looking villages with a variety of houses, and whatnot.

4. Offline

Wayde Ultima

It would definitely save me a lot of time constructing abandoned cities on my server. I'd use it.

5. Offline

Vynlar

I've always been a fan of new map generation stuff and this sounds great. Maybe they could be slightly "griefed" as to look older. Maybe sort of ruins made of cobble with mossy cobble along the edges of the broken down walls to show age.
    Just some ideas.

Thanks
    Vynlar

6. Offline

mindless728

hmmm, maybe an algorithm that can take a new building model and slowly decay it itself, then you could decay them by a certain amount on the fly as opposed to making buildings at various levels of decay

just a thought

7. Offline

skeletonofchaos

As of the moment it generates five main building types gardens, skyscrapers, small houses, banks/prisons, and ruins. Each skyscraper can either be a hotel, restaurant, or a lab. In hotels you find basic items such as torches, in restaurants there is a ton of food, and in labs there are buckets and lava and stuff of that sort. Gardens contain flora and trees to provide resources. Small houses are just that small abandoned homes, Banks/prisons are the rarest and contain diamonds/gold and weapons respectively (both have a ton of security features so getting to the loot is hard). Lastly there are ruins which are pretty common and are just destroyed buildings. Speaking of which does anyone know how to add items to a chest?

8. Offline

Haias

Chest.getInventory().addItem(new ItemStack(3, 64));

First number is the id, 64 is the quantity.

9. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Oh... I was looking for a chest.setInventory method woops :) Thanks!

10. Offline

codename_B

Screenshots?

11. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Not quite yet it still has a couple of earth-shattering bugs. So new question if I add a chest to the world by setting a block id to 54 how do I access that block as a chest?

12. Offline

loganwm

Once you generate the block, get the block at the location, cast to chest, and add your items to it. That's how my procedural town generator is setup at the moment unless I find some drastically more efficient method of doing so.

13. Offline

skeletonofchaos

That's what I was doing... Hmm I'll try again. Thanks.

I'm getting: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlock cannot be cast to org.bukkit.block.Chest

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  14. Offline

JorganPubshire

Try using
    Code:
    if(block.getState() instanceof Chest){
      Chest chest = (Chest)block.getState();
    }

15. Offline

gameswereus

This sounds really cool, I think I could make a new world just for PvP and use this help greatly :p

16. Offline

skeletonofchaos

[​IMG] This is just the generic outside of a skyscraper style building. [​IMG] Lobby area of a hotel ( a variant of the skyscraper style building).[​IMG]Hotel rooms exterior. [​IMG] Hotel rooms interior. All chests loots in this hotel are completely random and as of the moment you can get stone swords, torches, coal, and bread.

Hmm I don't think the photos uploaded correctly....

http://google.com/search?q=referral+links#/7YsDNng

[​IMG]I think its working now. Anyways outside of a generic skyscraper building.
    [​IMG]Hotel Lobby.
    [​IMG]Hotel rooms exterior.
    [​IMG]Hotel rooms interior. All of this spawns without any lighting so all the torches you see are placed.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

17. Offline

Muyloco1

looks nice...but in the first pic is the hotel edge hanging over a dirt ledge? Would there be a way to fix that?

18. Offline

skeletonofchaos

I'm currently working on it. I don't want to lag the server too much during construction of the city. This is just a 1 by 1 city for dev purposes normally cities are at a minimum of 5 by 5.

[​IMG]Ok now this massive gaping hole is due to a tnt trap that is randomly generated. :) Expect a test release in about a week.

19. Offline

adnmonkeys

What happened to this plugin :0 ?
    Was thinking about some more developped city generator and i foud this thread.

So, what happened ?

20. Offline

skeletonofchaos

well: This quickly became a waste of time. It would be faster for me to generate the cities by building then writing all of the required code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.