A unique death chest mod idea...

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by pixelbat, May 5, 2012.

1. Offline

pixelbat

My server has been using a death chest for awhile, and while it does it's job, it does come with some draw backs. Specifically if they die in lava and water when they retrieve their chest it can alter the lava/water flow... Sometimes chest just don't even spawn... Also it not even working on protected property they don't have permissions too.

For our situation this just isn't working anymore. At least 50% of the time people don't get a chest because they end up dying in a protected areas. I'm not really a fan of the plugins that instantly gives their stuff back either. For our server we are crafting huge adventure maps that have story, NPCs, and lots of challenges, dungeons, and mini games. Our latest adventure map is massive, months of development, and would take a group of players a very long time to complete everything. Most of it has protected elements. So I had this idea for a death chest mod...

Rather than having a death chest drop where the person dies, all their items are moved to a pre-set vault. Admins would be able to set up one of these special chest anywhere they want on their server. When a player dies, they simply access any of these vaults and they can get their items back.

In our situation we would have several of these vaults spread throughout our adventure maps working as like check points. When you die, you have to go back and get your items, and start over at the last vault.

Could even involve a few extra risk elements. Like items disappearing from the vault if not picked up in a certain amount of time. Or maybe the option to buy insurance and get your items instantly restored based on a % of the value of the items.

The vault chest would obviously conform to whoever is accessing it. So if a player dies, only they can see their items when they access the vault.