Filled A plugin to announce if the ender-dragon is alive

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by BushGamingYT, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Informational

Minecraft version: 1.14.4

Suggested name: DragonLifeAnnouncer

What I want: I have a plugin that respawns the ender dragon 30 minutes after it has died. I want a plugin that if the ender dragon is alive, to announce that the ender dragon is alive every 5 (Or configurable) minutes with changeable text and color code support.

Ideas for commands: /DragonAnnounce enable, /DragonAnnounce disable

Ideas for permissions: DragonLifeAnnouncer.toggle

When I'd like it by: In the next week or whenever.

2. Offline

KarimAKL

@BushGamingYT Does this work? I made it very simple, and it should be per world as well.
    I didn't add the command because i thought you could just disable/remove the plugin if you don't want it; let me know if you still want it anyway.

3. @KarimAKL The plugin works but can you make it reloadable in-game (the config) and make it broadcast the message in all worlds (or an editable list in the config of what worlds get the message)

4. Offline

KarimAKL

@BushGamingYT Does this work as expected?
    I added the command "da" (Stands for "Dragon Announcer").
    You can use the command without any arguments to view the commands you have access to.
    Permissions:
    "da reload" = "da.reload"
    "da on" = "da.toggle"
    "da off" = "da.toggle"
    You need at least one of the permissions to use the command "da" without any arguments. (It'll only show the ones you have permission for)
    I thought i might as well add the on/off when i was making the command. :7
    Remember to let the plugin create a new config.yml file.
    If there's anything else, just let me know.

5. @KarimAKL The commands and everything work but when I change the delay in the config from 5 to 1 or 2 (to test the delay and message faster), it still takes 5mins to say the message even though I reloaded the config with the command and restarted the server. Also does the message only send if players are on? And can you please make it send to console aswell? :D

6. Offline

KarimAKL

Even after restarting the server?

In a sense; it does trigger (meaning it'll reset the message countdown) but, noone can see it, because they aren't online.

Sure, no problem.

I'll be waiting for your answer on the first question.

7. @KarimAKL I just checked again and the delay does change when I restart the server but does not when I do the reload command. Also can you make it server based instead of player base so that every x mins the dragon is alive, it sends a broadcast to the entire server at once even if no one is online please :D

8. Offline

KarimAKL

That makes a lot more sense because, i didn't recreate the timer after reloading.

It doesn't have anything to do with the players, it just let's them know.

I think everything should be working now, you can download it here.

9. @KarimAKL Thank you so much for the plugin, it works perfectly!.

KarimAKL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.