A plugin for fixing the semi-infamous "online-mode" bug in Beta 1.7.3

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ioi_xd, Jun 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ioi_xd

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to the technical part of running Minecraft servers. But surely there isn't a way to make a plugin like this for Beta 1.7.3, or even a client-side mod?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about: Mojang's servers have changed so drastically since beta 1.7.3 that, should you wish to run a server in this version, you need to set "offline-mode" to false in the server's properties, which opens it up to hackers and likewise. If you don't set it that way, you'll get an error along the lines of "Failed to login: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF/DTD HTML 2.0//EN">. This is likely due to two reasons:

- the login servers for the game no longer exist, as this is what most websites begin with in the code, so it's most likely the game trying to load a 404 page.

- This. I found this while googling the error out of curiosity, and it would actually seem equally possible since the game is fairly old.

Is it impossible to make a server plugin that fixes it? At the very least, is it impossible to make a client side mod? I saw somebody attempt to do this on the Minecraft Forum, but it doesn't actually work and it makes the screen go black on start up.

2. Offline

Tabuu_

Sure, there are ways to make it work with a custom server and maybe a custom client.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.