A PlayerLogger causing heavy lag

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Rexel, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rexel

https://github.com/McLuke300/Player...luke300/playerlogger/listeners/PListener.java

This "PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent event" is a causing some heavy lag on my server, could someone take a look at it and see if anything could be done to improve the way it works. Currently i think its sending to mysql on every event, aswel as getting player xyz etc... I'm not sure how logblock handles this stuff but it surely does just as much logging and is a lot less taxing on the server. The plugin seems somewhat abandoned with no developer response in a few months now. I've come to rely on it to much and only familiar with php not so much java.

Total: 3134.973s
    Array
    (
    [PlayerLogger v2.9] => Array
    (
    [Total] => 2318.295s
    [PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent] => 1850.74s
    [PlayerQuitEvent] => 121.069s
    [PlayerLoginEvent] => 117.11s
    [SignChangeEvent] => 92.283s
    [ServerCommandEvent] => 76.683s
    [EntityDeathEvent (and others)] => 53.829s
    [EnchantItemEvent] => 6.164s
    [BlockBreakEvent (and others)] => 0.23s
    [BlockPlaceEvent] => 0.184s
    [AsyncPlayerChatEvent] => 0.002s
    [PlayerBucketEmptyEvent] => 0.002s
    )

.... just to put it in perspective...

[NoCheatPlus v3.8.7-beta-b294] => Array
    (
    [Total] => 121.873s

Pretty much a call to any other developer who could update the project http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/playerlogger/

it hasn't been updated since 1.3

2. Offline

fireblast709

Nonetheless it is not the place to discuss it here. The only thing you could do is submit a ticket, really

3. Offline

HappyPikachu

I doubt you'll find anyone to update that considering all the alternatives currently available. Give AntiCheat or HawkEye Reloaded a try.

4. Offline

Rexel

Would rather get this plugin more usable again, is it because its not multi threaded?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.