A "newest version" link

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Technius, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Technius

I have a little "latest download" link on my project page. I use Dropbox for it because I dislike changing the link everytime I upload a new version. Can you guys add something like "dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/example/files/latest" and also "dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/example/files/latest-direcct/"?

Jozeth likes this.
  2. I agree, that would be nice.

3. Offline

Gravity

I believe this is one of the things we mentioned to Curse, if not I'll be sure to add it to our list.

4. Offline

TnT

This question has been asked a great deal. It would be great to have static download links for the latest versions of plugins.

An easy method to download plugins can allow for a great deal of unneeded bandwidth usage. We have discussed ways to mitigate this, possibly through an API for an auto-updater, while still allowing for a manual wget.

We want to ensure all users download plugins through the dev.bukkit.org site, as that allows us to check the plugin over for malicious code. Hence this is a high priority item for us and Curse. As we know more, I will inform the community as to the progress being made.

5. Offline

Technius

Ah, thanks for your reply. I hope this can be added!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.