A more aggressive mob loader/unloader

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by xBlueXFoxx, May 27, 2012.

1. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

Animal and enemy mobs seem to not load very proper, very spaced out, also animal mobs have been far less common since the animal mating updates. I think it would be nice to have a more aggressive approach to load/unload entities based on distance, and the time they existed, such as the earlier beta versions of Minecraft. For example, when there was light and grass/dirt, animals would spawn, and eventually would unload from file, unlike they do now.

As for more aggressive, I mean remove all enemy mob entities when the chunk is unloaded, same going with animals, and just removing the farming concept, basically reverting it back to the older versions of Minecraft. It was much easier to find animals then and much harder to avoid mobs, basically bringing back the difficulty of the game.

And of course, an exception to tamed animals/golems.

To sum it up, basically what I'm asking for is a plugin that denies spawning of enemy/animal mobs and efficiently spawn animals/enemy mobs as the game used to, but instead having a more efficient approach to unloading these mobs also, would this be possible to do efficiently?

2. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

Bump, I'd like to see some opinions on this, I think it's a great concept.