A little help...

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Atrian, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Atrian

Firstly I am new to Bukkit (3 days in fact) and if this is the wrong place to post, then my apologies, I wasn't sure where to post for help on plugins.

Now, to business. I am currently developing something of a way to telelport players acrosss Worlds, now I am not sure if its possible or if it is, as I have only really been working with Bukkit API for 3 days and Java isn't a language I am all to familar with. Anyway the problem I am coming across is then I first grab the world, from the Argrument, which is a string and then convert of sorts into a World, using the getServer().getWorld(Arg); command. This all works fine, no problem. Where my problem occurs, strangely is when I try to grab a specified location. Now for tests I placed any kind of double number, just to see if I could get it to port me. Here is the section of code that causes the problem.

World wPort = getServer().getWorld(port);
    Location loc = Location(wPort, 6.0, 6.1, 5.2);

Now, the error I am getting states that:
    The method Location(World, Double, Double, Double) is undefined for the type PowerOfOps

But, accordiing to the Documentation that is the correct syntax for the Location method, and I have imported the class. import org.bukkit.Location;

Is there something i've done wrong, or have I imported an incorrect class here?
    Thanks
    Atrian

2. You're forgetting the new keyword in the Location constructor.
    change
    Code:
    Location loc = Location(wPort,6.0,6.1,5.2);

to
    Code:
    Location loc = new Location(wPort,6.0,6.1,5.2);

It should work then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.