A Custom Mob Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by arkger, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Offline

arkger

Plugin category: RPG Custom Mob Plugin

Suggested name: Custom Mobs

What I want: Basically, it should just be a plugin where mobs can be created from the ground up, allowing the user to create some custom mobs! For instance, the player should be able to control what kind of mob it is, aggro range, what type of attack it has (ranged, mythical, physical), the health, damage, where is spawns, when it spawns, what they are wearing, basically every variable within a mob.
    For Instance:
    Dryad:
    Type Of Mob:Zombie
    Equipment
    head:leather helm (red)
    chestplate:iron
    Leggings:Iron
    Boots:Chainmail
    Hands:Book
    Attack Type: Shots
    ItemShot:Firework(Blue)
    Health:20
    Damage:10
    Skills: HealSelf, Summon PoisonSlimes
    (Please allow skills to be created by me, make it open ended to me and my staff can create skills whenever we want c:)
    Ideas for commands:
    /mob create (MobType)- Creates the mob in the system.
    /mob equip (thread)- Equips a piece of armor(the one you choose)
    /mob attacktype (thread)- Chooses the attack type (Physical, Ranged, etc.)
    /mob health (thread)
    /mob speed
    /mob potioneffect (thread)- Adds a potioneffect.
    /mob display- Gives the name that people see. ie. [Dryad Lv.3] (If you want to add levels.
    /mob damage- Gives the Damage that the mob gives off
    /mob loot - Tells what the mob drops. (Please let custom items be dropped as well)
    /mob spawn (timerange)- Tells when the mob can spawn,
    /mob spawnhere (seconds)- Lets the mob spawn on the block you are on, and tells how long it will take to come back.

Ideas for permissions:
    No Permissions, none that I can think of.
    When I'd like it by: Whenever people can find the time to make it!

Notes:
    I really think someone should create this plugin, as there are NOOOOO plugins like this, and I really would like to use one like it :)

2. Offline

bossomeness

Try the plugin NBTEditor. I believe it does everything except maybe the skills.

3. Offline

arkger

I looked at it, but I really need skills, and I don't think it allows me to control spawning, and when they spawn.

-bump=

I REALLY need someone to try to take this on... =/

4. Offline

xTrollxDudex

arkger
    If no one takes it up, you should learn java and create it yourself

5. Offline

Mathias Eklund

I might take this in my hands, i have a few small projects I'd like to finish first though :)

6. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

arkger Only bump every 24 hours

7. Offline

arkger

Mathias Eklund Thank you so much! When do you think you will get around to it?
    Until Mathias get around to it, anyone else wanna try?

8. Offline

Mathias Eklund

arkger I have a bunch of side projects i am working on atm, and a big one for a friends of mine. I really have no idea when i will have the time to do this. I'd recommend trying to find another developer.

9. Offline

arkger

Would anyone else try to do this? I really, really, really need it for my MH server. Can anyone help?! D:

10. Online

The amount of code you need for this is huge, you really want to change everything that you can change......

11. Offline

DeMaggo

timtower likes this.
  12. Offline

arkger

I would use that one if I was able to drop weapons and where they spawned. It's for my MH server where you can only find one type of mob in certain places, so I can't have them spawning where people can't find them for quests, or rare mobs being fairly common. =/

Bump >_<

<Merged double post - Bumping is allowed only every 24 hours - Necrodoom>

13. Offline

DeMaggo

I'm currently working on allowing to drop everything. There are also several variations of the /mc spawn command so you could use commandblocks.

14. Offline

arkger

andrewcramer likes this.
  15. Offline

DeMaggo

My plugin can do almost everything you basically want, but as for now, you cannot change the AI (but this is planned for future updates) and the attacktype. You can give skeletons a sword and they will use it, but zombies don't use bows properly.

16. Offline

arkger

DeMaggo So I can control EVERYTHING they drop, and where they spawn, when they spawn, etc.?

17. Online

18. Offline

DeMaggo

As of the current version, you can drop every itemtype and also specialized items with names and lores.

19. Offline

arkger

No, I have my own custom items plugin, thats why Im asking >_<

Anyone still wanna try to make it?

20. Offline

pilot3101

Might want to check out MobArena. It has all the things you are asking for.

21. Offline

DeMaggo

How do you recognize custom items as such? I was talking to developers of custom items and they use names and lore, so it IS possible to drop such items.

timtower likes this.
  22. Offline

arkger

DeMaggo Take a look at RPGitems by Thinkofdeath, it's the one I am using and infamous for not working with drop plugins.

23. Offline

DeMaggo

I can't tell from just looking at it how he recognizes his items, BUT I can tell you need a new plugin for RPGItems since this one is inactive.

24. Offline

arkger

4 month old bump...

I have been searching for a plugin like this for 4 months... no avail...

I really need this guys =/

andrewcramer likes this.
  25. Offline

iM3shyS

Use MobArena, it should work out, like suggested previously but ignored.

26. Offline

arkger

It wouldn't for a large continent? It's not one big thing, it's a bunch of mobs, on the same continent, at one time. Not wave based.

27. Offline

DeMaggo

I'll say it once more: My plugin CAN drop items with specialized description and some authors of specialized item plugins told me that these items are usually recognized by their description.