6GB Minecraft Server Hosting

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by fatmanjumprope, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

fatmanjumprope

Currently I'm paying for a 4GB hosted minecraft server. I'm running 23 plugins and 25 members.

I'm considering upgrading to a 6GB server that comes with unlimited slots but I would like to know about how many player slots and plugins a 6gig server can handle without showing major signs of lag to my players. I realize some plugins are larger and more consuming than others but just a basic idea about how many would be safe without overloading my memory usage.

2. Offline

Milkywayz

Adding RAM doesn't instantly mean you can hold more players, if the CPU is good then it will usually mean that. When I have 25 people on at one time with 27 plugins we only use a little more then 1GB of ram, so I'm not sure why 4GB is not enough for you. It may just be your host though, I host from home so I basically do what I please with the machine, no shady business even possible that way :p

3. Offline

kamakazi145

There is a good, cheap reliable host that you can try.
    https://www.lucidiushosting.com/
    We have professional support staff who have also run servers for 2 years so we know what is needed, many features, both regular and dedicated servers, and much more!
    The cheapest plan we have is just $6/month and our packages go from 0.5GB of RAM to 6GB of RAM for our regular servers.
    We offer the 6GB plan you are looking for, for $72 per month, however, with our Christmas promo code 'XMASLAUNCH' you can get 20% your first payment! Also, we offer free dedicated IPs with all our Minecraft packages for the Christmas season.
    If you want to know any more details about our machines you can visit the "About Us" page, we already listed it all there. And, if you have any more questions, feel free to contact us.

4. Offline

Jmainguy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.