3 requests

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Fyridor, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Fyridor

Hello community,

It's me again, with 3 requests this time...
    I'm sure that some of them might have already been created, or partially created, but I could not find them;
    • A plugin that makes an entire area indestructable, by either users or TNT. (Note that this also means that the area has to be indestructable if a TNT-block is detonated right besides the area)
    • A plugin that allows me to use server-sided texturepacks and shaders. I know Notch said that he might enable server-sided texturepacks, but we will never know if that would be introduced in Beta 1.4, or later on if the game is fully released, or that he will never work on it. On top of that, I haven't heard him talk about shaders...
    • A plugin that allows for custom items to be created and added to the game. This would be by far the hardest one to make, as you would probably have to add functionality to the items as well, which can be entirely new. The reason I'm asking this is that my friend recently made a joke about changing the water skin into a beer skin, so I decided to ask this so I could make a bottle or can of beer that would make your screen vague and all that for 10 seconds or so. I would also use it to create beds with different skins, created by using different kinds of wool.
    Well, that's it for now. I hope some of the requests are doable.

Thanks,
    ~ Fyridor.

2. Offline

sgtbigman

I'd imagine #3 would be client-side related code and therefore not doable for bukkit :/
    But I like the idea!

3. Offline

Miauw62

the first one, use worldGuard,
    second, search, i think somebody already requested this
    three, impossible. would require client modding, and if you can create the items yourself, it is one hunderd procent impossible.

4. Offline

Fyridor

Oh, oops! I read a thread just before writing this, and I got that thread and my actual number two mixed up, sorry. I'm sure that other thread will be looked into as it was posted just earlier this week. I'll fix that right away! For one, TNT places besides indestructable blocks did destroy them for me, somehow. That's why I requested this. But, it may just be me though, I'll play around with its settings. And for three, I have seen mods that enable tools like the useful ShoAxe, or whatever it's called. It's a combination of a shovel and pickaxe and therefore it only requires a single inventory space instead of two to use it. I've also seen mods that enable for obsidian tools... I'm not sure if these were SP or MP. That's why I'm guessing it's possible, but just very hard to do, therefore I requested a plugin for that. But again; it might be impossible for MP, just like my actual number two; 'server-sided texturepacks and shaders'.