Solved [1.7.10] Desperate for a neutral mob limiting plugin!

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by mega_newblar, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

    mega_newblar

    Hello!

    The problem:
    My 1.7.10 version of Minecraft will spawn UNGODLY amounts of neutral animals which makes the game unplayable for my friends. The landside is so thick with animals you never have to farm or anything just go slaughter some for meat... but most of the time they just stand around and lag everybody to death.

    Editing Bukkit.yml and spigot.yml does nothing.

    My other post for more info:
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...cussion/2377540-i-am-drowning-in-neutral-mobs


    My attempted fix:
    Seeing as how the only problem on my pack was the neutral animals, I tried to install the following plugin,
    http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/chunkspawnerlimiter

    However, this plugin is outdated and will crash at random when loading new chunks. The intent of the program is perfect for what I am looking for, the ability to limit the # of mobs per chunk was an elegant solution, but if it crashes then I'm back to where I started.

    My current fix:

    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/killallmobs/

    I simply use the /kama to remove all the animals from the world periodically. As you might imagine this is less than ideal, having to spam the command once a minute, not to mention not being able to farm animals in the overworld.

    Furthermore, I know about MobManager but not only do I have crashes with that as well, it feels like the mob manager is too much. It's like duct taping a paper cut!


    My plea:

    I need a plugin that will limit the number of animal mobs per chunk (or globally). A brand new 'chunkspawnlimiter' would be ideal [not simply updated, b/c I believe that's against the rules to request]. I would prefer it limits specifically animals, not villagers/monsters etc, but I'm also not in a position to be picky.

    I'm sure this is a lot to ask for but there are a LOT of people who suffer from this problem. I don't know if its an interaction between bukkit and BOP, or between forge/minecraft/bukkit whatever... but it is extremely frustrating to be held back by such a seemingly easy thing to fix.

    Minecraft 1.7.10
    Forge 1307


    If anybody is interested you would be doing the community a huge service.

    Sincerely,

    Mega_Newblar



    Edit: Pix
    http://gyazo.com/0ccd4e4705e2e1ecf44ea5be22112bb3

    2nd edit:
    I have tons of experience with bukkit/cauldron/spigot/mcpc, setting up servers, tweaking mods, etc. This is the first configuration I've ever had where the animals spawn like this. I have no idea what is causing it.
     
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  2. Offline

    mfunGamer

    I am a pretty new developer, but i will give it a try.
     
  3. Offline

    mega_newblar

    That is wonderful to hear, thank you for the time!
     
  4. Offline

    mfunGamer

  5. Offline

    mega_newblar

    I will give it a thorough testing and report back. I really do appreciate the time and effort required to do this. Thank you thank you!

    It does not seem to be generating a .txt after a few starts/restarts.

    Do I need to manually create a folder called 'AnimalSpawnLimit' and a config? If so, what format would the config need to be in?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  6. Offline

    mfunGamer

    uhmm it should create one... let me check

    Edit: I checked and it creates one. It creates the text file in the directory you run the server in, not the plugin folder.
     
  7. Offline

    mega_newblar

    You are correct. I can't believe I didn't see it before. I will now see if it fixes my issue.
     
    mfunGamer likes this.
  8. Offline

    mega_newblar

    The plugin did not seem to work.

    So I got mad. And I googled it a bit more. The cause of my issues was Mo' Creatures, but it wasn't the mods fault. I had removed Mo Creatures but not its Custom Spawner which I believe caused the issue. My guess is that it spawned normal animals everywhere it would normally spawn Mo' Creatures animals, so thats why there was sooo many.

    After removing the customspawner, the animals are back to vanilla behavior. I am still playing with the plugin and all mobs set = to 1 and it seems to work fine.

    Thank you again for the effort, sorry to bump, just wanted to wrap it up.
     
  9. Offline

    timtower Moderator Moderator

    Moved to Bukkit alternatives
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page