1.4.2 Invisibility blocker [Important for pvp servers!]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by FuRiouSOne, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Offline

FuRiouSOne

Now that mojang stupidly introduced invisibility potions into the game but did NOT disable pvp or any interactions while invisible someone needs to come up with a plugin to disable this moronic potion or disable ALL interactions while invisible using a potion.

Also being an OP we are unable to see invisible players so the plugin should also include some way for Admins/OPs to see invisible players.

justcool393 likes this.
  2. Offline

HyrulesLegend

YESYSEYS, PLEASE.

3. Offline

JjPwN1

Why not just block invisibility potions once and for all, because if you block all interactions, then it's pointless.

I do not agree with your opinions about Invisibility potions; I think they're pretty awesome. If the attackers want to have a chance at killing someone while invisible, they'd want armor and a sword. And, while an invisibility potion is on you, your armor and item in hand seem to float with no body, indicating you are there.

chakyl and Woobie like this.
  4. Offline

FuRiouSOne

Thats the thing, how can i block it once and for all?

Also on my server we have mcmmo and a player with no armor and using no weapon (unarmed) could go invisible and destroy anyone without being seen....

5. Offline

jjacobson

A plugin that simply shows names above invisible peoples heads would be nice

6. Offline

MYCRAFTisbest

Thats easy. Get a crafting block plugin. I recommend Disablecraft

7. Offline

FuRiouSOne

Disablecraft says its 1.2.5 compatibly, we are now at 1.4.2, i would say its a bit outdated? Seems to be more of a tekkit plugin.

8. Offline

MYCRAFTisbest

Just because it was last updated in 1.2.5 doesn't mean you cant use it. And it was an example

9. Offline

AndyMcB1

Plugins, unlike mods, don't get 'broken' upon a bukkit update. It can be buggy and features may not work; give it a shot though.

10. Offline

cman1885

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

If someone moves with invisibility effect, it gets removed. Best I could do, BrewEvent InventoryClickEvent and some other event that I tried didn't work.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2016
    justcool393 likes this.
  11. Offline

JazzaG

AdaptiveCamo may be of interest to you. It is balanced invisibility with many configuration options.

12. Offline

cman1885

That's not at all what he asked for.

13. Offline

JazzaG

Just thought he might be interested when somebody creates this plugin for him. :)

14. Offline

MYCRAFTisbest

He isn't looking for invisibility. He is trying to remove the invisibility potion added to 1.4.2

15. Offline

chaseoes

I don't think it's that big of a deal, because you still see the potion effects floating around a player, the item they're holding, and their armor (if they're wearing any). I would assume if it's a PvP server the player would be wearing armor (and likely be holding a sword).

16. Offline

MYCRAFTisbest

Yes but admins cant see the name. I saw someone placing lava all over a temp server while invisible, and noone could ban the player until we narrowed down who it was.

17. Offline

NinjaW0lf

worldguard, add a notification when lava is placed, problem solved

18. Offline

MYCRAFTisbest

1. Not everyone wants worldguard
    2. Players sometimes place lava for stuff in a Creative server (which that server was)
    3. Regular players cant report them if no admin is online because they don't know who to report
    4. That isn't solving the problem. Its like a fire alarm. It alerts you there is a fire. It doesn't stop it.

19. Offline

NinjaW0lf

1. Not sure why, its a ver nice plugin to manage the world.
    2. Not really a reason to not use it, it would still be good for a creative server
    3. more staff? or use logblock and roll the damage later when an admin/mod is on.
    4. good point,make any lava placed still lava.

20. Offline

Deathmarine

I'm not understanding how adding invisibility is stupid. It has been planned for quite a long time. There is alot of things a plugin can do with invisible players however isn't the armor still visible and even with that the potion tremendously hard to get ingredients for?

I'd say following the README and posting a plugin style solution is better than complaining about your problem.

21. Offline

Mrchasez

I really need this.
    Anyway to disable them?

22. Offline

Serilum

There is currently no way to disable the invisibility effect without altering the craftbukkit.jar because bukkit has deprecated the effect. This means that they haven't added it to their API yet and this will hopefully be fixed in the next Beta or Recommend build.

When they do add it, this plugin I made will remove that effect whenever they drink the potion:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/delinvpot/

23. Offline

FuRiouSOne

[quote uid=90730929 name="cman1885" post=1393223]<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

If someone moves with invisibility effect, it gets removed. Best I could do, BrewEvent InventoryClickEvent and some other event that I tried didn't work.[/quote]

This actually seems to be working perfect, As soon as you move or even turn your head the effect will disable itself. Also works when getting hit by another player to prevent the stealth after death bukkit bug.

You may want to submit this to bukkit and get a plugin page for this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2016
  24. Offline

cman1885

It's about 3 lines of (important) code with no config or anything, I'll leave the bukkit place for someone who wants to make a fully featured suite for it.

25. Offline

sillyrosster

Working for me too :) Thank you cman1885!

Edit: Now just to wait for an official plugin so I can make it per-world.

26. Offline

Curtis3321

I Created 1, that blocks brewing of the potion, and if they have 1 already existing it removes it from there inv. willing to upload.

27. Offline

Nukem

Curtis3321 Yes please upload your plugin if it blocks invisibilty :)

You can ban the potion through essentials but essentials ignores the :32766 on the end and bans all potions starting with 373 so instant health potions get banned as well not the end of the world but people use potions in my Mob Arena

28. Offline

Curtis3321

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  29. Offline

piano9uber

FIND ANOTHER BUKKIT.
    Invisibility is a BUKKIT glitch.

30. Offline

Mrchasez