1.2 update problem

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Daxxie, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Daxxie

Hello Bukkit members
    After i updated my 1.1 server to 1.2(replaceing the craftbukkit-1.1-R4 whit the new one, and just renameing it as the old one,and then i started the server..)i get some problems, when i want to use a command it says"a error appeard..bla bla" and my plugins arent working ....
    Please help :)

~~~~Thanks~~~~~

2. Offline

MrDice

Check to make sure you plugins are updated, there are a few plguins that will automaticly check if there is an update needed, and will download it.

3. Offline

Daxxie

those are my plugins
    [​IMG]
    how i see wich arent updated?

4. Offline

MrDice

use this plguin : CraftBukkitUpToDate
    Put it in you plugin folder, and run it, then type /uptodate plugin and it wil check if you need to update plugins.

5. Offline

Ritgron

my server can't find the new jar file I renamed it the old one with the run.bat and this shits not working..

6. Offline

MrDice

Post you run.bat file, and your .jar name.

7. Offline

Ritgron

craftbukkit-1.1-R4.jar

@ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    PAUSE

8. Offline

MrDice

Rename you .jar to craftbukkit.jar, and run it.

9. Offline

Ritgron

ok so jw what might the problem be if it runs.. but when I go to connect it just says connecting for 20 or so minutes?
    or i mean logging in

10. Offline

MrDice

you are running 1.1 on your server,and you have a 1.2.3 client, go to dl.bukkit.org to download 1.2.3 beta, then rename it to craftbukkit.jar, and replace with your previous craftbukkit.jar.

11. Offline

Ritgron

i have all my craftbukkit.jar in my new folder now.. thats probably why. :/ i got the new one.. the r6 i downloaded 3 diff times and extracted.. been on this all night..

12. Offline

Daxxie

ive done wut you said, but
    nothing ..
    [​IMG]

13. Offline

MrDice

did you get it to work? If not,private message me on here.

Go to you server folder now, there should be a new folder called "Bukkit_Update" click on that and go to plguins, and if there is any stuff downloaded, replace the old plugins with new.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  14. Offline

Daxxie

found the folder "Bukkit_update"..replaced some plugins, but still the same, can you give me your msn, or skype or yahoo messenger via PM?

15. Offline

Ritgron

omg this is a headache.. can u send me a file containing the things that are needed for it to run???

16. Offline

MrDice

[quote uid=90645080 name="Daxxie" post=1014525]found the folder "Bukkit_update"..replaced some plugins, but still the same, can you give me your msn, or skype or yahoo messenger via PM?[/quote] Just keep using that plugin to see if some updates have come, Alot of plugin developers have abonded there plugins to the new update.

[quote uid=90618850 name="Ritgron" post=1014528]omg this is a headache.. can u send me a file containing the things that are needed for it to run???[/quote] Sure, <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
  17. Offline

Ritgron

mr dice. are you sure it will work with my run.bat?

18. Offline

MrDice

Your Run.bat is going to look for the files "craftbukkit.jar" and that i named it for you.

19. Offline

Ritgron

well i'm throwing in the towel for tonight. I wish it was that simple idk why its not working.. the only thing i can think of is you pretty much sharing to me a full working server and then i could put in my plugins and region.. etc.. to run my server. other than that. idk why its not working.. im going to need to restart my computer again because all my copies of the .jar files are unable to be moved or tampered with in any way because i clicked on them the wrong way and SE Binary bullshit says i have to close it first when it;s not.. open anyhow goodnight.

20. Offline

MrDice

haha that suck with the SE binart shit, but Message me tommorow on skype : MrDiceServer, and i will try to help you out over teamviewer, peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.