[1.2.5] NPCeverthing

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Benjerji, May 6, 2012.

1. Offline

Benjerji

A npc plugins that covers everything other dont, like npc that will do jobs for you, and do a PvP battle for you, i think this plugin would be great. Alot of people would like it, i mean i would, thats why i want it so bad.

2. Greetings! I have a few concerns regarding your plugin.
    First of all please format your request, like explained in this sticky: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/example-plugin-request-formatting-formatted.46919/
    Another thing is, if you want others to take you seriously, you have to make sure to use proper grammar. I understand, and respect, the fact that some people might find English harder than others, but when you are trying to communicate with others in a language, you have to do it right.
    In any case, I am here to help. If you want a plugin, that controls the NPC's of Minecraft, I don't think it's possible.

3. Offline

Benjerji

Well, I'm Sorry for bursting you smart Alick Attitude, I'm American. I'm sorry for missing an "S", but i've seen plugins like this, were NPCs can attack, and build, and all sort of other things. I Want this plugin, if you wont help me then I'll ask someone else.

4. Offline

np98765

Smart ALECK. And I think he meant the lack of capitalized letters, apostrophes, etc.

Also, if you've seen the plugin before, why don't you search for it? I believe that's why they have a 'search' feature. BukkitDev. Google. Whatever.

I would find it and post a link, but I didn't really understand your first post. NPC's of Minecraft, the villagers? Or separate characters (such as Citizens)? Do you want villagers or fake people walking around and doing jobs?

5. Offline

zombieman1000

he wants non player control people to work for him

6. Offline

np98765

Yes, I understand what an "NPC" is. But I was asking whether he wants the vanilla NPC (villagers) or not. Because Citizens has NPC's that look like players (with the Steve skin).

7. Offline

zombieman1000

he wants npc villagers to do jobs like mine,build etc for him

8. Offline

np98765

Ok. Well, in that case, I'm no help :p Never used or even heard about it. Good luck!

9. Offline

Benjerji

I said "Like It", not the plugin itself, i just want something were NPCs can do, well, almost everything a Player can do.

10. Offline

dillyg10

Ok first off, you owe TheSommer an apology, because he was just trying to help. You immediatly insulted him, not a great way to get a dev interested. Please, put this in correct format! This is possible, but I have ot ay it will take an incredibly dedicated dev to do so, good luck!

11. Offline

Benjerji

Ok, I'm sorry everyone, especially TheSommer , I do want it, but I really see how it wont happen.

12. Offline

nala3

yeah, mob controlling, especially AI is rather difficult.. Very possible but also way past my skill level :p

13. You're forgiven. ;)
    dillyg10, nala3: Any idea how this is done? I have seen no similar plugins or methods in the Bukkit API, that can modify the AI behavior. I think, that if someone had done this, it would be a modification of the game itself.

14. Offline

nala3

not really, you would need a path finder, a goal setting system, and it is already possible to set the movement of mobs and NPC's. There is more too it than that but like I said, out of my skill level.

15. Yeah, no. I am not going to start this either.

16. Offline

-_Husky_-

Me and a few others. Were making a mob api.. Turns out, its bloody hard to overwrite notch-code

17. Offline

SirTyler

I got as far as spawning in an entity and pushing it around the map, other then that I crapped out.

Things like that give us American's a bad name...

But on topic, yes this is possible but you have better luck just doing a feature request to citizen or other NPC plugins then to have someone start over from scratch.

18. Offline

np98765

19. Offline

Benjerji